Thursday, May 17, 2012

126.32 Volume 1.00000000001 Rocket stuff

Ok, as a kid, I built a science procject.  Spent some time on it where I was really dang proud of what I had done. It was not based on my sole invention, but others ideas I had culminated on and "gotten to work" READS... (dad showed me the idea based on popular science mag, helped me get a prototype, and was then hands off. The "coil gun" at that point didnt work, and quickly melted the prototype.  I had been thus far, given the things necessary to move to V1.2 and make someting that eventually did work.  By the time I hit V3.0, I was using 110v ac and hurling 1/2 armatures at "slow" bullet speed.) Never the less, my science project around Version 2.4 was too "Dangerous" for school. So I was unplugged from the car battery, and handed a trophy, but not given a chance at the "next round" of regional school competition. My life in education went that way most of my life.  If most people are in or out of a box, I am usualy wearing swimming trunks and goggles.

Onto this science fair.. As you will find as this progresses, I am big into rockets.  (maybe one day launch one with a coil gun.) But, here I have  a Telemetrum, and a companion board called a TeleScience. Both are manufactured by a company named Altusmetrum. Don't look now, but the board below, is the same one photo'd on thier site.  Due to the high ammount of "tedium and difficulty" to use and adapt, the board really isn't a sale product yet. I hope I can "add" something to the pool now that I have my flippers on.
What Bdale has set out with this "getup" is to record temperatures of high-energy rocket flights. (reads mach 1.5 plus as a minimum) Likewise, he gave me a few thermistors, so I can obtain these "skin" temperatures in flight.

 Right now, I am planning on 6 points of skin temperature. 1 point of atmospheric temperature, 1 point of humitity, 1 point of motor case pressure, and 3 points of motor case temperature. Since I state Planning, I wont post plans for the vehicle yet since my ultimate goal is 12 points of data, I may cut my teeth on somthing as simple as 3 points in a fin first, and get used to the "programming" side of this equipment. Then integrate other items 1 by 1. Since I make research solid propellant motors, chamber pressure monitoring is high on the list of integrations.

Teeny, Thermistor. (now the FBI can scan for my background)
Another Closup
Science, man that thing grows quick.
Telemetrum, hooked to Telescience
All the goodies. Note the teeny Thermistor on the paper.

could you imagine making this thing???




No comments:

Post a Comment